This can be anything from heavy equipment, machinery or a large engine to large construction or assembly parts. They require lots of know-how - both on the ship and on the shore.
ASF is an international transporter with over 30 years of experience in handling complex shipping projects. We follow your cargo from pick up point till delivery in a ship or any inland destination. Ensuring your project runs as smoothly as planned.
If the cargo is exceptionally heavy we provide a heavy lift ship. Our experienced professionals in logistics make sure your transport arrives on time and undamaged.
If you have complicated or heavy equipment to transport, Antwerp Shipping & Forwarding will rise to the challenge. Our Project Department employees have more than 30 years of experience handling project cargo but still maintain their youthful and eager attitudes. We thrive under pressure and have handled many high-value, transportation projects on tight deadlines.
Whether you need a turnkey services provider who will supervise your project from start to finish or a partner who will manage one challenging segment of your transportation project, ASF can help.
Our Project Cargo Specialties Include:
- Out of Gauge: ASF specializes in the shipping and handling of oversized or irregularly shaped cargo. Our expert team has the experience and tools to transport your most challenging cargo, even when it's too large to fit within a standard shipping container's length, width or height. Worrying about the safety and on time delivery of your cargo will be the last thing on your mind with our out of gauge shipping solutions.
- Heavy Lift: When you have large items that can’t be broken down into smaller, lighter-weight segments ASF will come up with a transport solution. We even have experience moving products that are too heavy to transport on roads. Whether your cargo requires flatbed trucks, special volume cargo aircrafts, or even inland barges, we’ve got you covered.
- Break Bulk: Due to their large size or weight, some goods need to be loaded onto a cargo ship or aircraft individually rather than grouped in shipping containers. This obviously makes loading and unloading the equipment more labor-intensive and potentially more costly. However, we can come up with an efficient and cost-effective break bulk shipping method. We can help you determine when this is a better choice than disassembling, packaging, and reassembling your cargo when it reaches its destination.
- Flat Racks & Open Tops: When necessary, we will load your cargo into flat rack or open top containers. In some cases, we may shrink-wrap the cargo or add an additional layer of protection so that it reaches its destination with no damaged or missing parts.
- Rigging: Heavy equipment projects sometimes require cranes or pulley systems to lift the cargo, and ASF can source the equipment necessary to safely raise and lower large items from one surface to another.
- Import & Export: If you need to transport your cargo internationally, you can count on us to work out the logistics, including the customs clearance requirements, and to get your heavy haul products to their destination on time.
- Inland, Port Works, Ocean Freight, & Air Freight Forwarding: Through our strong professional relationships with major airlines and shipping lines, ASF is able to get your project cargo where it needs to go using whatever method of transportation necessary.
Through our years of experience in the heavy transport industry, we have encountered and overcome many unique challenges.
- Halliburton projects
- FLSmidth projects
- Windmill projects
- Hospital projects
- BP projects